Description & Features
This downloadable software is FREE (Limited Time Only)!
Forget the old alphabet puzzles or entertaining videos that don’t truly teach! The Alphabet Song Game™ app is the easiest way for children to learn uppercase and lowercase letter names, shapes, and letter writing. This app has 16 fun, easy-to-play games that use the Alphabet Song to teach children the alphabet. It also helps children distinguish between similar looking letters, mirrored letters, and reverse letters. Children can play independently or with a parent or teacher. Parents or teachers can easily monitor children’s success in each of the 16 games.
Downloadable Software Ordering
Downloadable software can be immediately downloaded from "My Account" under the "My Downloadable Product" section after you place your order.
Important Notes: The downloadable software sold here is for Windows Desktop only and will not work on Mac OS X (however, an iPad version is available). See System Requirements for more details. Also, this software is for single-user only and does not save data for multiple users.
Watch the App Features Video
See Alphabet Song Game™ in the App Bundle:
Reading, Writing, & Arithmetic Before Kindergarten™!
Check out our other Preschool Academics products here.
|TOC:||View Table Of Contents|
|Type:||Windows PC Software|
|License:||2 Computer License|
Please see our Online Software Support help website for assistance with handling any issues you may encounter while installing or playing this software on the below operating systems.
Platform: Windows® 10/8/7/Vista
CPU: 1 GHz or faster
Educational App Store - Teacher Certified, 4-Star Rating Tillywig Brain Child Award, 2014
Product Reviews Write a review for this product
- "This app introduces a completely different way of helping young children learn the letters of the alphabet and to recognize each letter’s shape, both upper and lower case. Through the alphabet song the app encourages a music theme in a way to tempt users into the app and help encourage them to learn the very basics as they begin to learn how to read and write. However, don’t be fooled into thinking that the app is just based around music as there is a lot more to it as well. - See more at: http://www.educationalappstore.com/app/alphabet-song-game-free-letter-names-and-shapes" - Educational App Store, Teacher Review, http://www.educationalappstore.com/app/alphabet-song-game-free-letter-names-and-shapes
- "My three youngest girls really enjoyed this program. They loved the song and learning about their letters. I just have to say that my kids cannot wait (or maybe it’s me) until Letter Sounds Songs and Games comes out! Sounds like a great next step up from learning the letter names! Such fun for the kids and a great way to learn." - Erin, MO
- "The game is a simple concept, but it works. My daughter was singing the Alphabet Song in no time. The repetition of the lessons really helps to reinforce the correct shapes and names of the letters. It’s been a great addition to our homeschool routine." - Joanie, http://simplelivingmama.com
- "Even though my daughter can identify all the letters, she definitely needed to review the order of the alphabet. This game was able to give her practice on both skills! The idea is that the kids hear a letter and determine the letter that comes after. The game uses the song to help. I also liked that the game gave my daughter practice using a mouse. It goes further levels into lower case letters and random letters for more advanced alphabet exercises. I like games that advance levels like that; it made me want to play too. Haha!" - Jen, Former preschool teacher and homeschooling mom
- "The Alphabet Song Game is a well-written program that has had zero glitches as she’s clicked, played, and sang along with all 22 lessons. It downloaded quickly and installed easily – and now, my daughter can play it by herself entirely once someone opens it for her. That is a beautiful thing. She’s sung and clicked on letters for letter recognition dozens and dozens of times for as long as I’ll let her, and while I thought it would get boring for her since she’s beginning to read, it remains a constant request to play her alphabet game." - Adrienne, http://abiglittlefamily.com
- "The game is deceptively simple, and I love the concept. You’re singing the ABC song, and all children learn the “abc song” from a young age. The graphics are clean and clear and it’s easy to play. However, real skills are being picked up as the children progress through the levels. It’s a keeper in our house." - Rebecca, GA
- "Our family loves everything The Critical Thinking Co. has...as a parent I love games that do more than entertain...this is a very nice, easy to use alphabet app that allows you to track your child s progress...we haven't had any issues and my daughter enjoys this app. She just turned 4! " - AZMomofGirls, Amazon Appstore
- "This educational software is very effective in teaching children all the letters of the alphabet. The 22 games (some focus on lower case, some upper) progress through levels of difficulty, and each offers the option to either repeat a game or advance to the next level. These games center primarily on selecting the correct letter (spoken by the narrator) from a collection of letters presented onscreen. The number of letters from which the child must choose varies with each level. Much of the fun is presented in the context of the Alphabet Song, with each letter sung at the correct pitch when it is chosen and full alphabet sing-alongs regularly provided as well. Some of the games require the child to always choose the next letter of the alphabet, while others take a random, rather than sequential, approach. Yet others shuffle the positions of the onscreen letter choices each time a choice is made, requiring the child to evaluate the actual letter shapes rather than rely on position or context. This variety has a huge positive impact on visual discrimination skills. The program also makes it easy for parents or teachers to monitor the student's success level in each of the games. " - Tillywig Brain Child Award Review, www.tillywig.com
- "If you only have one alphabet app, this should be it! I had tried EVERYTHING with my 4.5-year-old son, but working on letter recognition was ALWAYS like pulling teeth. The iPad was the only medium that would keep his attention for more than a minute, but every other app had at least one problem all but ruining it. (A MAJOR drawback to MANY apps are sound effects that can't be turned off; my son would deliberately choose incorrectly for the sake of hearing the funny noises. Others waste valuable time with unrelated and distracting entertainment.) Now, I just set a timer for 10 minutes 2-3 times each day, and my son HAPPILY works on this until the timer stops. It's *just* engaging enough and pure genius in its simplicity. This software led me to realize certain patterns and weaknesses that hadn't been apparent to me with other media. My son whom I had been very worried about is finally showing real steady progress, and I have The Critical Thinking Company to thank. I HIGHLY recommend this app for any preschooler or kindergartener. Get it; you won't regret it! " - BJWM1982, iTunes App Store