Building Thinking Skills® provides highly effective verbal and nonverbal reasoning activities to improve students’ vocabulary, reading, writing, math, logic, and figural-spatial skills, as well as their visual and auditory processing. This exceptional series provides a solid foundation for academic excellence and success in any assessment.
The activities are developmentally sequenced. Each skill (for example, classifying) is presented first in the semi-concrete figural-spatial form and then in the abstract verbal form. Students learn to analyze relationships between objects, between words, and between objects and words as they:
- observe, recognize, and describe characteristics.
- distinguish similarities and differences.
- identify and complete sequences, classifications, and analogies.
These processes help students develop superior thinking and communication skills that lead to deeper content learning in all subjects.
Activities are modeled to reinforce reasoning skills and concepts. The Answer Guides are now included in Level 1, 2, and 3. Building Thinking Skills® Beginning level may be used with attribute blocks, and the Primary level requires attribute blocks and interlocking cubes. See below for order information for these manipulatives.
- 38-43 activities, 800-900+ questions
- Multi-user login
- Can be played in adventure mode or practice mode
- Detailed spoken and graphical instructions for each question
- On-screen and printable guide
- Adjustable scoring rubric for varied abilities
- On-screen and printable student data
- Saves unfinished activities
- Fun word search reward games
- On-screen and printable reward certificates
eBooks are electronic versions of the book pages. You can immediately download your downloadable software or eBook from "My Account" under the "My Downloadable Product" section after you place your order.
North Carolina Case Study