Description & Features
Critical Thinking teaches students to think logically, present well-developed arguments, and see through unsupported arguments. Book One helps students develop the fundamentals of logic, argumentation, and critical reading.
Easy-to-understand explanations of concepts are followed by examples and real-life, often humorous, discussion problems. Students learn to identify valid and invalid claims and arguments, sufficient and insufficient evidence, fact and opinion, generalizations, emotional arguments, inferences, deductions, and more.
Instruction/Answer Guide - Sold Separately
Includes goals, teaching suggestions, and answers. No previous background in logic is required to teach these activities.
|TOC:||View Table Of Contents|
Cathy Duffy Top 100 Award Learning® Magazine Recommended Resource for Successful Teaching Mensa Recommended Materials for the Gifted The Well-Trained Mind Recommended Resource for Logic and Critical Thinking
Product Reviews Write a review for this product
- "A former student of mine is now a lawyer in a prestigious law firm. She told me that it was our discussions in Critical Thinking that got her started on logic and first interested in studying law." - Janice, Rochester, MN
- "I like Critical Thinking because my students like it. They like to argue, debate, and make their points known. I enjoy the enthusiastic way they learn to use evidence to support their arguments logically rather than jumping to conclusions…and it's a rich source of topics to discuss." - Dean, Lima, OH
- "The most practical and usable starting place for learning informal logic." - Nathaniel, Muscatine, IA
- "The faculty at Boylan identified critical thinking skills as an area of concern in our curriculum....We did a search for materials and your company came up repeatedly. We ordered a set of your Critical Thinking books and reviewed the materials. We were very impressed and are planning on implementing the course this fall." - Louise, via the Internet
- "I particularly like Critical Thinking Books One and Two. This is a fun course in logic that will challenge parents too." - Cathy Duffy, Christian Home Educators' Curriculum Manual, Greensboro, NC
- "I have used Critical Thinking with my children with excellent results. This book is a must." - Parent, via the Internet
- "Recommended." - The WellTrained Mind
- "Critical Thinking Book One teaches logic and argumentation in a simple form. It also teaches how to recognize propaganda and reasoning errors. I have used this book with excellent results." - Customer, via the Internet
- "Having taught thousands of students how to prepare and ace the SAT and PSAT tests, I know curriculum like Critical Thinking is an essential for every student who wants to achieve success." - Jean Burk, www.collegeprepgenius.com
Test preparation available for the following:
Critical Thinking guarantees top performance on assessment tests including
Stanford Achievement Test™ (SAT/10)
Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT)
Law School Admissions Test (LSAT)
Woodcock-Johnson® Tests of Cognitive Ability (WJ®-R)
TerraNova (CTBS) / TerraNova, The Second Edition (CAT/6)
Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT)
Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
ACT Assessment® (ACT®)
and many more!