Science Detective® uses topics and skills drawn from national science standards to prepare students for more advanced science courses and new assessments that measure reasoning, reading comprehension, and writing in science.
First, students read lessons that include a variety of charts, tables, and graphs. Then, they answer critical thinking questions to improve their understanding of the science concepts and develop their reading comprehension, inferential and deductive thinking skills. Students can’t just scan the story for answers—they must carefully analyze and synthesize the information from the text and the charts, tables, and graphs to explain and support their answers.
Includes teacher and student introductions, a chart of topics and key ideas to help select activities, and detailed answers.
Choose one or the other. Whichever one you choose, you can't go wrong. Review the features listed below for additional benefits offered by the software.
- 41-45 activities
- Multi-user login
- Each activity can be done in learning or test mode
- Self-tutoring: detailed instructions, hints, and explanations of answers
- Printable student scores with diagnostic, comparative, and detailed reports
- On-screen teaching guide including skill matrix and answer keys
- Saves unfinished activities
- Optional password protection
- Fun reward games
eBooks are electronic versions of the book pages. You can immediately download your downloadable software or eBook from "My Account" under the "My Downloadable Product" section after you place your order.