Description & Features
The activities in this mind-building 200-page book help develop your students' recognition of letters, words, numbers, and similar/dissimilar objects. It also improves sequencing and visual memory skills. These quick, engaging activities are designed specifically for shorter attention spans. Directions may be read aloud as needed. This book includes eight progressively more challenging skill sections with pretests and posttests to evaluate students' beginning and ending skill levels. Answers and definitions of technical terms used in the book are included.
This book is intended for students in Grades K-2 whose visual perceptual skills are developing. However, this book is also very useful in the rehabilitation of children and adults who are disabled with cerebral palsy or traumatic brain injury, are mentally or physically challenged, are learning disabled, or anyone who needs help in developing these skills.
The visual perceptual skills covered in Book 1 are:
• Visual Discrimination
• Visual Closure
• Visual Figure Ground
• Visual Form Constancy
• Visual Memory
• Visual Sequential Memory
• Visual Spatial Relationships
Our eBooks are electronic versions of the book pages that you may print to any paper printer. You can open the PDF eBook from any device or computer that has a PDF reader such as Adobe® Reader®. You can immediately download your eBook from "My Account" under the "My Downloadable Product" section after you place your order.
|TOC:||View Table Of Contents|
|Type:||Student Book with Answers|
Product Reviews Write a review for this product
- "These exercises are presented in a clear, uncluttered format, perfect for the easily distracted." - Deb, Shelton, WA
- "My 2nd-grader is doing great with this series.…He recently wrote that Visual Perceptual Skill Building is his favorite book and that critical thinking is his favorite subject." - Carole, Waterford, MI
- "My students loved these activities so much they ASKED to do them every day. I've seen them applying these newly acquired visual skills in other areas, too. Just last week they found the buried treasure on a map that they navigated through on their own!" - Michelle, Monterey, CA
- "My son is homeschooled in first grade and Visual Perceptual Skill Building is perfect for him. Each activity encourages my child to use higher-level thinking and I see this overlap into his everyday problem-solving skills. The Critical Thinking Co.™ truly does empower the mind! I will be ordering from this company for years to come!" - Krista, Oregon
Test preparation available for the following:
Visual Perceptual Skill Building® prepares students for many assessment tests, including
Wechsler Intelligence Scale for Children® (WISC®)
Naglieri Nonverbal Ability Test® (NNAT®)
Primary Test of Cognitive Skills™ (PTCS)
and many more!