Note: This book series is being restructured. The new Level 1 replaces the old A1 and A2, Level 2 replaces the old B1 and B2, Level 3 replaces C1 and C2.
Editor in Chief® improves your student's grammar, punctuation, spelling, capitalization, and attention to detail using a standards-based thinking approach rather than drill and practice. This effective method teaches students to carefully analyze and edit stories that contain errors in writing mechanics and story details.
The Grades 2–4 books (Beginning 1 and 2) stories combine single skills (like capitalization) with guided, gradual instruction and practice that is ideal for younger learners. The Grades 4–12 (A-, B- and C-level) stories involve mixed skills practice, starting with easier errors and becoming more challenging as students become adept at the editing process.
Choose one, the other, or both for maximum benefit (for example, A1 book and A2 software or vice versa). Whichever you choose, you can't go wrong! See below for more information.
• Books: Students identify and circle errors in each story. Then they insert, modify, or delete punctuation, words, and short phrases to make corrections. An editing checklist and annotated guide to grammar, usage, and punctuation are provided to help focus students' thinking and allow them to match their answers to applicable rules. Detailed answers are also included.
• Software (except Beginning levels): Students identify and click on errors in each story. Then they select the category and specific rule that applies to each error, prompting the software to correct the error. On-screen instructions, hints, rules, and answers allow students to work, learn, and succeed independently.
- Provides high-quality independent learning (not "edutainment") with immediate feedback for students and teachers.
- 33 activities per level; 40 activities on the Beginning level
- Each program has beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels of play (except the Beginning level)
- Multi-user login
- Quick and detailed instructions
- Hints that help students keep learning even if they don't know a rule—no getting stuck.
- Guide to Grammar, Usage & Punctuation that teaches and reinforces concepts
- Saves unfinished games
- Self-grading, with printable student data
There is a slight increase in difficulty within each level (i.e., A2 is more challenging than A1, etc.). Generally, we recommend completing the first activities at each level before beginning the second.
Downloadable software can be immediately downloaded from "My Account" under the "My Downloadable Product" section after you place your order.